An Interview with the street artist duo
The street art duo, consisting of the two brothers Dr. Drax and Pase, under the name of ONE TRUTH will take part in the Street Art Auction running on SINGULART from the 20th to the 25th of April! Although based in Zurich, today they have become internationally known in the street art scene through their graffiti-stylized monster and dog figures. In this brief interview, the duo gives us an insight into their collaborative creative thinking.
1. When and why did you decide to become a street artist duo?
We started together in 1998, in 2003 One Truth was founded. We have a strong relationship in real life and art.
2. How would you describe your art?
Urban Contemporary Art & Street Art with roots in Graffiti.
3. Who are the monsters in your works?
These are our own fantasy figures that reflect a lot of our life as artists with their best friend the dog. They also address social critical issues such as not corresponding to our society’s ideal of beauty.
4. Can you talk about your artistic influences and other artists you are most inspired by?
We have inspired each other since the beginning.
5. What message would you like to deliver through your art?
Do what you love no matter what others say, you can achieve anything if you believe in it and live it 100%.
6. How do you decide when a work needs to be drawn on a wall or on a canvas?
Depending on the inspiration and weather conditions, this is decided intuitively. Working on walls inspires canvases, canvases inspire walls, it’s a dialogue.
7. Can you tell us about a project you’re currently working on?
At the end of April, we’re going to paint a big wall in Zurich for the city. In May we will paint the biggest Dog of the world! A whole house will become one big dog. We’re also working together on a new series in our studio.
8. What would the world be like without street art?
Really boring and sad…